Friday, April 3, 2009

Pre-reading and while reading

This time I everyone was tired of the word “Micro-teaching” I guess. The class was not as responsive as before. Compare to the Set Induction session, I can see an obvious changes in the mood of the class. Today is the day I completed my evaluation form as well. Personally, I feel relief after handing the evaluation forms to the individuals.
What shall I say about these two sessions with our tutor? Ermm... Well, it was a bullet train speed presentation .As the final examination is just around the corner we had no choice other than presenting in this way. However, I am glad that the session has already hit its end. This time, while I presented I was not as confident as I was for my set induction session. I felt unprepared while doing the activity.
In the process of preparing the task for the students, at first I was clueless. I thought of doing about the element of “Theme” at the first glace of the story. Later, I changed my mind and thought of doing the element of “characters” but I end up doing the element of “Plot” as I did not get any idea of doing the element of “Theme” and “Characters” for the drama that I have selected.
For the Pre-reading activity I asked the students to guess the ending of the story and for the while-reading activity I asked them to rearrange the events as well as use the information to fill the diagram of a plot .The second task in the while-reading activity was a group task and the students enjoyed participating in the activity.
However, before giving them the task sheets I did a brief explanation about the plot. This was to ensure the students understanding of the task later. I truly appreciate the cooperation given by my friends in making my activity successful. THANK YOU GUYS!!
Overall, the presentation /the activities carried out by my friends for their pre and while reading session ware good and relevant .I got many ideas popping in mind as I looked at their task sheets and the activities. I hope I will have an opportunity during my practicum to perform the activities created by my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment